The Milwaukee Bucks fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers 114-102 on Saturday night. Playing without Giannis Antetokounmpo for a fifth-straight game, the Bucks struggled defensively, allowing the Cavs to shoot over 53% from the floor. Additionally, Milwaukee was out-rebounded 41-36 in what has become a concerning trend as of late. Worst of all, perhaps, Milwaukee continued their turnover-prone ways, giving the Cavs 14 extra possessions with careless play.
Note: House of Highlights is not associated with Wisconsin Sports Heroics. Follow them for more fantastic NBA highlights on their YouTube channel.
Bobby Portis and Jrue Holiday Led Milwaukee
With Giannis out, Bobby Portis got the start for the fifth consecutive game. He ended the game with 23 points and 11 rebounds, good for his 28th double-double of the season. Typically the team’s sixth man coming off of the bench, Portis is on track to do something no player in NBA has ever done:
Players in NBA history to average 13+ PPG and 9+ RPG off the bench for a season:
– Bobby Portis
— Bucks Muse (29-16) (@BucksMuse) January 21, 2023
Jrue Holiday continued his excellence on the court without the team’s other two best players. He notched another double-double himself, scoring 28 points and dishing out 10 assists. Over the last five games (sans Giannis), Holiday is averaging 27.2 points, 9.8 assists, and 4.6 rebounds per game.
Cavs Stars Prove to Be Too Much
The Cavaliers were led by stars Evan Mobley and Darius Garland. Mobley had a game-high 38 points while Garland had 21 points and 10 assists. Mobley especially proved to be too much for the Bucks, who could not find an answer to the young, dynamic forward. He was 19-27 from the floor with most of his scoring coming in the paint.
Box Score: Milwaukee Bucks
- Brook Lopez: 10 points, five rebounds, one assist
- Jrue Holiday: 28 points, four rebounds, 10 assists, one steal, one block
- Pat Connaughton: 15 points, seven rebounds, four assists
- Bobby Portis: 23 points, 11 rebounds, one assist
- Grayson Allen: eight points, three rebounds, one assist
- George Hill: five points, one rebound, two assists, one steal
- Jordan Nwora: three points, two rebounds, one assist, one steal
- Jevon Carter: two points, three assists
- AJ Green: 0 points (four minutes)
- Joe Ingles: eight points, three rebounds, two assists
Box Score: Cleveland Cavaliers
- Evan Mobley: 38 points, nine rebounds, three assists
- Isaac Okoro: nine points, three rebounds, two assists, two steals
- Jarrett Allen: 12 points, six rebounds, two assists, two steals
- Darius Garland, 21 points, three rebounds, 10 assists, two steals
- Caris LeVert: 13 points, three rebounds, seven assists, one steal
- Kevin Love: Five points, seven rebounds
- Dean Wade: 0 points, one rebound, one block
- Lamar Stevens: 0 points, three rebounds, one assist
- Cedi Osman: 13 points, three rebounds, three assists
- Ricky Rubio: three points, three rebounds, five assists, two steals